By the time Joana Serrat was doing her first live performances during the spring of 2007 she meets Enric Puigdesens ,bass player, to form The Sofa Dreams band with Anna Miralpeix at keyboards and Toni Serrat as a drum player. They rehearse and offer they first show in December 2007 and decided to record at Baraka Studio J.S.T. second album Hit the Pavement.
J.S.T. and The Sofa Dreams ofers several shows and also play at the festival Invictro 2008 (Vic, Barcelona) and Becool (Barcelona).
Hit The Pavement is very diferent from the quiet melodies of Liffey album debut approaching a very pop-rock sound. The lyrics keep aluding to personal experiences of the artist talking about past relationships. The title of the album, Hit the Pavement indicates that the record refers to stories that are born and die in the city.
J.S.T. & The Sofa Dreams are
- Joana Serrat voice and guitar; Adrià Plana elèctric guitar; Enric Puigdesens Bass; Toni Serrat drums and percussion.
- Albert Bartolomé saxophone on Crazy and The Castle
- Jimi Grau trumpet on The Castle
- Produced by J.S.T., The Sofa Dreams and Marc Parareda
- Produced and mixed by Marc Parareda
- Recorded during December 2007 and October 2008 at Baraka Studios
- Mastered by Tomi Pérez at Boo Boo’s Music, April 2009
- Thanks to Judit Illamola for her patience and hospitality
- Carla Serrat voices on Southern Wind and NYC Lover
- Marc Parareda electric guitar on New and Crazy
- Anna Miralpeix keyboards on all themes
- Thanks to Milford Edge