I meet Bob Dylan at a key moment in my life: I’m 21 and I feel I got no roots. I am in the classroom watching Don’t Look Back Pennebaker’s documentary and I lay my eyes on a tangled hair. There is no going back for me: Bob Dylan is my world now.
In June 2005 I travel to Dublin looking for fresh air. I don’t play the guitar for three months but once I’m back home I begin to compose, making songs. Somehow, I feel this is the first time I do it, even I made some compositions years before with my piano and with my mum’s guitar.
My referents at this time are Neil Young and PJ Harvey. Pollly Jean has a special importance, is the first woman that captures my attention because of her compositions and style, and Neil is the birthplace of my essence. Bob, however, suck my whole being. From his hand I know Patti Smith and she became a referent as a woman and as an artist; Horses occupy a privileged place on my desk.
Suddenly listent to new musicians is almost a need and this is how I listen to Nick Drake, Cat Power, Joanna Newsom, Shanon Wright, Marc Leanegan, Marta Wanright, Eliott Smith and Tom Waits and rediscovered Nick Cave.
Meanwhile I keep on doing my songs of what I live, feel or think, everything that passes through the filter of my skin.
Dublin gave me the confidence to play, opened a door for me. The trip to Ireland encouraged me to continue composing. This is why the album is called with the name that crosses the city. Thi is a personal and intimate tribute to everything that I learned walking the asphalt of Dublin, crossing the bridges of the Liffey.
- -All the songs written by Joana Serrat Tarré, except Things Shouldn’t Hold Me Back lyrics by Joana Serrat Tarré and Mandy Russel
- -Recorded during: december 2007 and january2008 at Estudios Dalton.
- -Sound Enginer: Aleix Prats.
- -Mastered by: Valentí Adell. Vaporstudios (Sabadell-Barcelona).
- -Musics: Joana Serrat Tarré guitar, voice, harmonica and chorus.
- -Special Guests: Anna Miralpeix keyboards, Fernando Mas Violoncelo, Carla Serrat voices “Things Shouldn’t Hold Me Back” nad “Alaska Bar”.
- -Ilustracion and Designer: Carla Serrat.
- -Layout: Ton Granero.
- -Thanks to: Milford Edge.
- -Produced by: Litus.
- -Edited by: Laura R.Perkins