The Relief Sessions is the most personal album of singer-songwriter Joana Serrat. Under the influence of the neofolk propolsals and references as Bob Dylan, Bill Callahan and Joanna Newsom, this third album is the first that Joana Serrat signs with her name. Under the acronym J.S.T. has published two albums: Liffey (Laura R. Perkins, 2008) a debut album and Hit The Pavement (DTP, 2009), recorded with the The Sofa Dreams band.
After two years, Joana Serrat presents her most intimate album with The Relief Sessions a double CD of 16 songs that goes from Criptic Folck to pop, indie, rockabilly and country. Undoubtedly, a delicate work that looks for the most singular sound of Joana Serrat.
- - All songs written by: Joan Serra Tarré. Except for “Into My Arms” (Nick Cave) © by Nick Cave, Editor original MUTE SONG, Alondra Music Editor autorizado for Spain, SL and “Pecats” (Ramon Ferrer)
- -Joana Serrat Tarré Voice acustic guitar, electric guitar.
- -Adrià Plana Electric guitar
- -Marçal Ayats Violoncello, voice a Carry Me Home (Shiny Thing).
- -Toni Serrat Drums and percussion
- -We had the collaborations of Marc Parareda electric guitar, slide, path, claps, Carla Serrat Voices, claps; Roger Usart Voices, claps; Edna Sey Voices, claps.
- We All have clapped our hands…
- -Recorded and mixed by Marc-Parareda at Baraka Studios: Side A in March 2009, Side B between January and April 2011.
- -Mastered by Ina Fracesc Ticó at Ina Master Suite
- -Produced by: Marc Parareda i Joana Serrat Tarré
- -Design and illustration: Carla Serrat
- -Layout Ignasi Roviró
- -Thanks to: Anthony Serrat Climent, Núria Tarré Gallart, David Viñolas, all the Nowhere team, Fiona Brown, Yannick Garcia, Judith Illamola, Serguéi and all the people that support us every day to carry out projects like this . Thanks to all of you.
- -Booking and management: email@example.com